THE ROOTS OF HEALING AND THEIR HEAVENLY CONNECTIONS
A Six Week course designed for both beginning and experienced students and practitioners of herbal healing arts.
This course connects ancient wisdom – both eastern and western – with modern applications of herbs and herbal preparations. Astrological correlates of the healing herbs, along with a detailed discussion of materia medica, will be introduced. Emphasis will be on gaining knowledge of the energetic properties, and practical and magical applications, of medicinal plants.
Course Topics – Six Weeks:
- Introduction to the world of healing with plantsDoctrine of SignaturesThe Zodiac and the Body – MelothesiaTemperaments, Elements, Humours, and Constitutions
- Properties of PlantsAstringent to Vulnerary – understanding therapeutic actionsPreparations of Herbs with Water – Teas, Tangs, and TisanesPlanetary associations with plants
- Materia medicaRoots, shoots, trees, leaves, flowers, fruits, berriesBotany that embodies the wisdom of the plantsCreating herbal remedies
- Eastern Healing Wisdom – Five Elements / Phases or Wu XingBlending with the elementsConnecting with constitutionsMore material medica
- Plant FamiliesExternal preparations with water, oil, and herbsChemical constituents and propertiesMore materia medica
- Creating individualized herbal potionsCases with constitutional remediesCases with acute remediesCases with chronic remedies
About the Instructor
DR Edna M. Williams, M.S., D.C. has been a medical herbalist, teacher, and women’s health expert for over four decades. She has taught Herbal Medicine classes at the University of California at Santa Cruz; New College of California; The Evergreen State College; State University of New York – Westchester Community College; and, Pacific Rim College. She has practiced in the US, Canada, Mexico, Hong Kong, China, and Italy. In addition, Dr. Williams has incorporated medical astrology with her healing arts practice for many years. She has also taught at numerous acupuncture and massage schools in the US and in Canada, where she also recently served as the Director of the School of Holistic Nutrition and worked closely with the Herbal Medicine students.
The course will be live on zoom – Recording will be available.
90 Min each session with Q&A
November 6rd 3:00 PM EST
November 13th 3:00 PM EST
November 20th 3:00 PM EST
December 4th 3:00 PM EST
December 11th 3:00 PM EST
December 18 th 3:00 PM EST
Fees are nonrefundable, you can use them as a credit for future courses or purchases.